Prevent Attacks With Mule Enterprise Security
As the world’s most widely used integration platform for connecting applications on-premises and in the cloud, Mule as an Enterprise Service Bus enables over 1,000 organizations in more than 60 countries to build application networks that increase the clock speed of business. Mule also attracts a growing community of over 175,000 developers. Mule is a lightweight platform that simplifies synchronization between your enterprise and a multitude of applications, services, and systems. Mule as an ESB makes it easy to develop high-performance, multi-protocol interactions between various systems and services, on-premises or in the cloud, and does so securely.
Seamless communication between a number of systems requires an efficient security model for secure data transfer. Built on top of the Mule as an ESB platform, Mule Enterprise Security enables end-to-end protection for your enterprise ecosystem by utilizing numerous out-of-the-box features. Mule delivers all the necessary tools to make connecting your enterprise simple.
Security Challenges Grow in Complexity
As the number of services and applications that need access to enterprise data grows, integration platforms bring about a multitude of security challenges. Security challenges have evolved and become more complex:
- An increase in the number of API and SOA endpoints makes access control more important than ever before.
- Tightened information security regulations mean that a slight error can result in a security breach that could potentially put you out of business.
- Highly distributed ecosystems and multiple platforms have made enterprise ecosystems more and more complex, making them even more difficult to protect.
- Attackers are progressing alongside technology. As technology becomes more sophisticated, the potential for greater damage rises, allowing for attackers to be more malevolent.
Security Features Provide Protection
Mule as an ESB currently has in place a sturdy set of security features:
- Mule Security Manager provides authentication and authorization for inbound requests and credential mapping for outbound calls.
- LDAP and third-party identity management system integration.
- SAML 2.0 federated identity standard provides validation of inbound requests.
- SFTP enables Mule flows to read and write to remote directories over the SSH protocol.
An Expanded Set of Security Features
To address growing security challenges and concerns, MuleSoft now offers the following security features for Mule as an ESB Enterprise:
- Credential Vault
- Security Filters
- Message Encryption
- Digital Signatures
Mule Enterprise Security blocks unwarranted access to your enterprise systems, maintains data integrity and confidentiality by eliminating exposure of sensitive data, and hinders attacks through threat management. Discover how Mule Enterprise Security works to guard your enterprise systems by utilizing security filters.
Guard Your Systems
Mule Enterprise Security works to prevent security attacks on your enterprise ecosystems through dynamic threat management. Users can draw on security filters to restrict access to their systems based on the client IPs. Additionally, customers can employ message expiration policies to prevent replay attacks.
Mule Security Filter Processes
Having support for IP Whitelist and Expiration filters allows Mule to set filtering parameters. Businesses can specify a range of IP addresses or construct a particular set to have access to your network, database, or system. What's more, users can filter IPs by single or CIDR filtering. Moreover, message expiry based filtering also provides a valuable option, ensuring no replay attacks occurs.
Common use cases include:
- Network security
- Replay attacks
- Man-in-the-middle attack concerns
Mule Enterprise Security offers robust end-to-end protection for your enterprise ecosystem, and does so in a very user-friendly way. In addition to guarding your enterprise system against unwarranted attacks, Mule Enterprise Security also offers solutions to maintain information integrity and protect from unwanted access.
Learn more about Mule Enterprise Security with our informative security webinar.
Discover what Mule as an ESB can do for you by speaking to an expert or download Mule as an ESB to get started today.