Open Source Integration and Mule ESB
Why Open Source?
Open source platforms foster better software development. Developers have visibility into the source code of the platform and can troubleshoot and customize the code according to their unique needs. Moreover, an open source platform promotes collaboration. The multitude of ideas and solutions shared within a strong development community strengthens the product and provides visibility into how other developers solve complex integration problems.
The Open Source Advantage
- Active Product Roadmap: Suggested improvements from over 175,000 Mule developers are continuously incorporated into the product, ensuring Mule ESB can be deployed successfully in a variety of use cases.
- Low Barrier to Entry: Businesses have the option to test the product before making any significant investments. Download Mule ESB, build your scenarios, and determine if it meets your needs before making any decisions.
- No Vendor Lock-in: The open source advantage ensures no vendor lock-in. Developers have the freedom to decide on what tools to use and where to deploy their application. Unlike other vendors who enforce a lock-in, MuleSoft believes in open source and open standards. Best of all, access to the source code means that regardless of what happens to MuleSoft, users will always have the ability to support their applications.
Open Source Integration Benefits with Mule ESB
Mature Developer Tooling: Build simple yet powerful data mappings and transformations with advanced features for developer productivity and powerful runtime capabilities through a visual data mapping interface. Utilize Anypoint Studio, DataWeave, DevKit, and numerous other resources to aid with development.
- Mule Enterprise Management Console (MMC): Having visibility and control into the ESB infrastructure and related services is critical. Using the console developers can manage applications, metrics, SLAs and control the day to day operations, all from a single web-based console. It is the only solution that allows you to resolve issues quickly, minimize risk, and lower operation costs during production.
- Connectors and Transports: In addition to community connectors, Mule ESB Enterprise users have access to a number of easy to use transports for instant connectivity to even more applications and services. MuleSoft wide range of connectivity options include transports, enterprise system connectors (e.g. for SAP), and countless SaaS connectors to help you bridge the gap between on-premises and cloud applications seamlessly.
- Enterprise Security: Open source does not compromise security. With enterprise security from MuleSoft, your integration ecosystem is protected end-to-end. With Mule, it’s easy to block unauthorized access to your systems, eliminate exposure of data, and prevent attacks with threat management.
- High Performance: With edge caching technology, Mule ESB can has the ability to process much more in transaction volume than other ESBs, beating the competition in performance, hands down. In tests, Mule typically can process twice the transaction volume of other ESBs and in some scenarios can process as much as 30 times as much transaction volume. Moreover, the ability to manage more transactions on the same amount of hardware or less means functioning costs are reduced.
- High Availability and Clustering: With Mule ESB, mission critical applications are backed by guaranteed delivery and ensure 100% reliability with clustering for your applications. Clustering ensures that if an application does fail, transactions are automatically transitioned to a failover node.
- Highly Scalable: Mule ESB has the ability to scale to support the largest environments. Mule grows with your businesses needs and can be adapted to your ever-changing business requirements, preventing the need of a huge redesign in the future. Businesses have the option to infinitely scale out - horizontally or vertically.