What is Anypoint MQ?
With Anypoint MQ, users can perform advanced asynchronous messaging scenarios such as queueing and pub/sub with fully hosted and managed cloud message queues and exchanges. A service of Anypoint Platform, Anypoint MQ supports environments, business groups, role-based access control (RBAC) to help you deliver seamless customer experiences across channels and integrate devices reliably for Internet of Things (IoT) applications with enterprise-class functionality.
Anypoint MQ provides its users with the following:
- Scalable, asynchronous messaging delivered as a fully hosted cloud service. Anypoint MQ provides a fully hosted and managed queues and message exchanges in the cloud. A queue is a temporary storage area. A message exchange binds one or more queues so that a message sent to a message exchange appears in all its bound queues simultaneously.
- Full integration with Anypoint Platform. Anypoint MQ is built on Anypoint Platform. This means that queues and message exchanges offer the same management capabilities as the platform itself––from environments and business groups for multi-tenant role-based access control to client access management.
- Turnkey secure, reliable message delivery. Anypoint MQ supports large payloads, encryption, queuing, pub-sub paradigms. Also provides dead letter queue capability for undeliverable messages.
- Connection to Mule and non-Mule apps. Anypoint MQ offers easy connectivity to Mule applications and the REST API allows you to easily interface with non-Mule applications.
- Access to Anypoint Studio. Anypoint MQ provides Anypoint Studio access, which makes the process of leveraging your queues and message exchanges as simple as drag, drop and configure.
- Better management. Anypoint MQ displays usage statistics on the number of messages and API requests so you can manage peak usage and subscription parameters.
Anypoint MQ also provides the following technical benefits:
- Queues and Message Exchanges. Anypoint MQ offers the ability to send messages to queues, pull messages from queues, create a message exchange to perform pub/sub scenarios and send a message to multiple queues.
- Management console. Anypoint MQ provides users with the ability to monitor queue statistics, purge queues and see how many messages are in flight via the management console.
- Out-of-the-box connectivity. With the Anypoint MQ connector, users can end and receive messages from any Mule application––whether it’s deployed in CloudHub or used in a hybrid scenario and deployed on-premises.
- Relevant metrics. Gaining usage information with Anypoint MQ is easy. Organization administrators or owners can view the current and past months usage, the total number of messages and API requests and more. This information is accessed from the Access Management page. For more information, see Anypoint MQ usage information.
- REST API. As mentioned, users can leverage the Anypoint MQ REST APIs – including the Anypoint MQ Administration API, the Anypoint MQ Broker API and Anypoint MQ Statistics API – to easily communicate with non-Mule applications.
- Environments and role based access control. Anypoint MQ is fully integrated with Anypoint Access Management, allowing you to specify different environments for your queues, who can access each environment and what they can do within each environment.
- Client management. Create client applications tokens.
- Large payloads. Anypoint MQ supports payloads up to 10 MB in size.
- Reliability and disaster recovery. Within each region, MQ services deploy to multiple availability zones (AZs) to provide high availability (HA). If service in one availability zone goes down, the Anypoint MQ service operates normally in that region. If all availability zones go down in a region, then the MQ service is unavailable in that region until at least one of the availability zones comes back up. However, the storage solution for MQ is durable, which means no message is lost for messages that were already in the MQ system before service was interrupted.
- Secure, encrypted queues. Anypoint MQ data can optionally be encrypted, ensuring that companies can be compliant with their data at rest policies. Anypoint MQ uses PBE with MD5 and DES to encrypt messages.
Get started with Anypoint MQ
Love what you heard? Get started with Anypoint MQ today. Contact MuleSoft Support for more information on how to gain access to Anypoint MQ using an Enterprise subscription. If you don’t have an Enterprise subscription, you can use the MuleSoft Active.