Thrive in the API economy: 7 steps to align organization and culture
As the expectations around digital interactions and experiences continue to rise, organizations face new challenges in aligning their business strategy to the pulse of shifting cultural norms.
To remain competitive in a digital-first economy, organizations must ensure their digital vision is activated across the business with these seven steps:
1. Socializing API vision and executive mandate
2. Establishing trust, security, and privacy
3. Driving a services-oriented culture
4. Organizing teams by service boundaries
5. Institutionalizing a product-centric approach
6. Hiring domain experts
7. Democratizing innovation
From building trust through secure interactions to crafting personalizations and curated offerings, APIs can help bridge business priorities with the demands of today’s consumer marketplace.