With MuleSoft, Salesforce now provides one of the world’s leading platforms for building application networks that connect enterprise apps, data and devices across any cloud and on-premise—whether they connect with Salesforce or not
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform will also be part of Salesforce Integration Cloud, which will enable all enterprises to surface their data—regardless of where it resides—to deliver intelligent, connected customer experiences across all channels and touchpoints
Leading companies, including Coca-Cola, Barclays and Unilever, rely on MuleSoft to change and innovate faster, deliver differentiated customer experiences, and increase operational efficiency
SAN FRANCISCO, May 2, 2018 — Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the global leader in CRM, today announced it has completed its acquisition of MuleSoft, the provider of one of the world's leading platforms for building application networks. With MuleSoft, Salesforce will accelerate customers’ digital transformations, enabling them to unlock data across legacy systems, cloud apps and devices to make smarter, faster decisions and create highly differentiated, connected experiences for their customers.
Comments on the News:
- “Every company is undergoing a digital transformation and integration has never been more strategic,” said Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO, Salesforce. “Now with MuleSoft, Salesforce will enable customers to connect all of the information throughout their enterprise across all public and private clouds and data sources—radically enhancing innovation. I am thrilled to welcome MuleSoft to the Salesforce Ohana.”
- “By joining Salesforce, we have a tremendous opportunity to realize our vision for the application network,” said Greg Schott, CEO of MuleSoft, a Salesforce company. “Our team is excited about accelerating MuleSoft’s mission to connect any application, data and device by building innovative products that enable our customers’ continued success.”
- “Pilot Flying J is transforming its guest experience across its network of more than 750 travel centers throughout North America to make life easier for drivers on the road,” said Mike Rogers, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy and Information Officer, Pilot Flying J. “By creating an application network that connects any app, data source or device, we were able to quickly deploy our myPilot mobile app. With MuleSoft and Salesforce, we have been able to deliver new features to our guests, including mobile payment and real-time parking availability data to professional drivers. We are excited about the collaboration between MuleSoft and Salesforce and how it will further benefit our guests by enabling us to deliver intelligent, connected experiences.”
- “Deloitte has long-standing relationships with Salesforce and MuleSoft and looks forward to exploring the innovative ways to harness this combined technology to help clients meet their toughest business challenges,” said Jason Girzadas, Deloitte Global Managing Principal, Consulting.
- “Salesforce's purchase of MuleSoft puts the customer right at the heart of digital transformation. Many companies are still lagging due to the difficulty in integrating legacy infrastructure, automating manual and paper-based processes, and managing data growth. MuleSoft will play a starring role in projects for the businesses that still have not formalized digital transformation strategies,” said Sheryl Kingstone, Research Director, 451 Research.
MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform and Salesforce Integration Cloud: Connect Every Experience
Companies of every size and industry need to transform how they do business in the digital age to innovate faster, deliver differentiated customer experiences and increase operational efficiency. MuleSoft will continue to build toward its vision for the application network with Anypoint Platform, connecting any application, data source and device—whether it touches Salesforce or not. Anypoint Platform will also be available as part of the Salesforce Integration Cloud, which—along with other complementary tools—will make it easy for customers to surface any data regardless of where it resides to deliver intelligent, connected customer experiences across all channels and touchpoints.
- Read more about the completion of the Tender Offer here: Salesforce Completes Exchange Offer for MuleSoft Common Stock
- Register now for MuleSoft CONNECT: connect.mulesoft.com
Pricing and Availability
- MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform is available today. Visit www.mulesoft.com for more information.
- Additional Salesforce Integration Cloud products will be announced later this year and pricing for each feature of Integration Cloud will be announced as it is made generally available.
This communication may contain forward-looking information related to Salesforce, MuleSoft and the acquisition of MuleSoft by Salesforce that involves substantial risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Forward-looking statements in this communication include, among other things, statements about the potential benefits of the transaction, Salesforce’s plans, objectives, expectations and intentions, and the financial condition, results of operations and business of Salesforce. Risks and uncertainties include, among other things, risks related to Salesforce’s ability to successfully integrate MuleSoft’s operations; Salesforce’s ability to implement its plans, forecasts and other expectations with respect to MuleSoft’s business after the completion of the transaction and realize expected synergies; the ability to realize the anticipated benefits of the transaction, including the possibility that the expected benefits from the transaction will not be realized or will not be realized within the expected time period; disruption from the transaction making it more difficult to maintain business and operational relationships; the negative effects of the consummation of the transaction on the market price of Salesforce’s common stock or on Salesforce’s operating results; significant transaction costs; unknown liabilities; the pace of change and innovation in enterprise cloud computing services; the competitive nature of the market in which Salesforce participates; Salesforce’s service performance and security, including the resources and costs required to prevent, detect and remediate potential security breaches; the expenses associated with new data centers and third-party infrastructure providers; additional data center capacity; Salesforce’s ability to protect its intellectual property rights and develop its brands; dependency on the development and maintenance of the infrastructure of the Internet; the ability to develop new services and product features; other business effects, including the effects of industry, market, economic, political or regulatory conditions; future exchange and interest rates; changes in tax and other laws, regulations, rates and policies, including those related to the provision of services on the Internet, those related to accessing the Internet and those addressing data privacy and import and export controls; future business combinations or disposals; the uncertainties inherent in research and development; competitive developments and climate change.
Further information on these and other risk and uncertainties relating to Salesforce can be found in its reports filed on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings Salesforce makes with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time and available at www.sec.gov. These documents are available under the Financials heading of the Investor Relations section of Salesforce’s website at www.salesforce.com/investor.
The forward-looking statements included in this communication are made only as of the date hereof. Salesforce assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
MuleSoft's mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world's applications, data and devices. With its API-led approach to connectivity, MuleSoft's industry-leading Anypoint Platform™ is enabling more than 1,200 organizations in approximately 60 countries to build application networks. For more information, visit https://www.mulesoft.com.
Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit http://www.salesforce.com.