DevOps is an extremely technical, demanding team that functions at the center of MuleSoft’s business objectives. We’re obsessively focused on maintaining high availability for all of the services we manage, while also implementing the infrastructure solutions that our product teams need in order to succeed. To accomplish this, we’ve implemented a cutting edge public cloud environment on top of Amazon Web Services, composed from Linux hosts running a variety of open source software like NGINX, Tomcat, NodeJS, MongoDB, Drupal, and, naturally enough, Mule.
In order to maintain and manage these services, we’ve also built a configuration management toolset based on SaltStack to load and run everything, and a monitoring architecture leveraging Zabbix to let us know when things break.
As a DevOps engineer at MuleSoft, you will be constantly presented with new challenges with an enormous scope and endless variety. On any given day, you might be troubleshooting a performance degradation for one of our critical SaaS services, writing automation code to help a broken application automatically recover, designing the system architecture for a new platform service, implementing new monitoring logic, or any of a million other things.
We’re looking for technology generalists with strong bias to action, excellent analytical skills, and a taste for good engineering. In exchange, we offer an unbeatable work environment, autonomy and support to do what’s right, generous compensation, and limitless room for growth.
What you'll achieve:
- Become the subject matter expert for a particular MuleSoft service, working in tight cooperation with the relevant software team
- Provide operational support for software deployments and production incident response
- Develop infrastructure automation tools to eliminate manual effort, and to detect and resolve potential problems before they degrade
What you'll need to be successful:
- A strong background in Linux systems, including shell scripting and performance tuning
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- Previous experience operating a large-scale, high-uptime environment on a public cloud provider like AWS or RackSpace
- Coding skills in Python, PHP, or another interpreted language like perl or ruby
- Knowledge about the deployment and maintenance of Java web applications, or with LAMP stack apps
- Experience using a configuration management tool like SaltStack, Puppet or Chef
- Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools like Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, Stackdriver, Pingdom, etc
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll receive health insurance for you and your family, equity, competitive salary with twice yearly market salary revisions, annual performance bonus, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like a fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, volunteer opportunities, twice-yearly hackathons, office celebrations, and MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in San Diego, California. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!