SAN FRANCISCO (October 21, 2008) – MuleSource, the leading provider of open source service oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure software, today announced the general availability of Mule Galaxy 1.5, the latest major release of MuleSource's open source SOA governance platform with integrated registry/repository.
Both Galaxy 1.5 Community, which is available as a free download under the GPLv2 license, and the enterprise-class Galaxy 1.5 Enterprise, are now available. They contain powerful new features that dramatically improve the ability of developers, architects and IT executives to gain control of their SOA, including:
- Scripting shell –allows Galaxy power users to write custom extensions to Galaxy
- Event API –important changes to services or artifacts inside Galaxy trigger an internal event, which can result in actions such as sending notifications or applying remote policies
- Feeds for search results – subscribe to any search via an Atom feed and monitor changes via any newsreader
- Typed properties – store properties as strings, lists, users, lifecycles, or even links between artifacts
- Service metadata storage – store metadata to describe any type of service (RESTful, TCP, JMS, and others)
- Improved Atom API – enhanced functionality to do even more operations on services and artifacts
- Improved Galaxy Query Language – supporting more sophisticated queries
- Auto Upgrade – simplifies upgrading from previous versions of Galaxy
“We have seen tremendous uptake for Galaxy, which shows that there has been a significant latent demand for SOA governance tools that are easy to deploy and simple to use,” said Galaxy project lead and MuleSource senior architect Dan Diephouse. “With Galaxy 1.5, we have listened to the hundreds of Galaxy users who have given us direct feedback on how to further enhance the product to meet the needs of the enterprise.”
Galaxy 1.5 Enterprise includes a commercial license that relieves customers from obligations associated with GPLv2 as well as an industry-standard performance warranty by contract. In addition to clustering, integration of Mule NetBoot and Mule HQ for centralized application deployment management, and an extensible query engine, Mule Galaxy 1.5 Enterprise contains new exclusive features that enable basic federation capabilities involving multiple instances of Galaxy such as:
- Remote workspaces, attached to a local instance of Galaxy, allowing users to browse other Galaxy instances
- Replication across Galaxy instances, enabling additional lifecycle management capabilities
“While there are many successful SOA projects, few organizations are maximizing service orientation benefits and experiencing pervasive re-use of existing services – as a result, SOA governance is enjoying a surge of interest among CIOs and architects,” said Chris Haddad, Vice President and Service Director, Burton Group. “SOA governance tools with capabilities enabling repository federation, software development tooling integration, workflow customization, detailed service classification, and sophisticated search are appealing to enterprises who are trying to scale adoption, automate software governance processes, and extend software development processes to embrace service-oriented patterns and principles.”
For more information about Mule Galaxy 1.5, or to download a free trial of Galaxy 1.5 Enterprise, please visit http://www.mulesource.com.
MuleSource is the leading provider of open source service oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure software. Founded by the creators of the Mule project, the world's most reliable and widely used open source enterprise service bus (ESB) and integration platform, MuleSource delivers enterprise class software, support and services to the thousands of organizations that have downloaded the open source project worldwide. Founded in 2006 and backed by investors Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Morgenthaler Ventures, MuleSource is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.mulesource.com.
Ray George, Page One PR