SAN FRANCISCO – January 20, 2009 – MuleSource, the leading provider of open source service oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure software, today announced the fourth quarter of 2008 was the most successful quarter in company history. The company achieved year-over-year bookings growth of more than 300 percent, exceeding its revenue plan for the quarter by over 50 percent.
“During this time of global economic crisis, IT organizations are no longer interested in large vendor-driven ‘top-down’ SOA projects, and MuleSource is a huge beneficiary of this trend,” said Ross Mason, CTO and co-founder of MuleSource. “Because of Mule ESB’s simplicity and lightweight approach, it enables project teams to get started quickly and see value immediately.”
In 2008, MuleSource focused on building high quality subscription revenues for its Mule Enterprise products. Subscriptions accounted for over 80 percent of total bookings for the year, and 90 percent for the fourth quarter. High customer satisfaction and loyalty rates resulted in a 100 percent subscription renewal rate, contributing to the company’s steady expansion. During the year, the company more than tripled its subscriber customer base – new customer wins included market leaders such as Nestlé Nespresso, DHL, GSI Commerce, Samskip, and Mason Companies, with dozens more.
A number of product announcements throughout the year drove both accelerated adoption of Mule as well as increased enterprise subscription rates, including:
- Launch of Mule Enterprise, a fully tested and supported version of the open source Mule ESB, including premium capabilities and features designed for enterprise deployments. Mule Enterprise is ideal for production deployments, with requirements for performance, high availability, resiliency, and technical support.
- Release of Mule ESB 2.0, featuring significant changes that dramatically simplify configuration and development with Mule ESB, in addition to further improving the performance and flexibility of the platform.
- A new Eclipse-based IDE, making it simple to create or edit Mule configurations in any type of Eclipse project, in any directory
- Creation of the Mule RESTpack, a bundle of transports and documentation for easy integration of REST services using Mule.
- Launch of Mule Galaxy, the world’s first open source SOA governance platform with integrated registry/repository. With its RESTful AtomPub interface and full integration with development lifecycle and tools, Galaxy is the service registry that development teams actually want to use.
Other achievements in 2008 included:
- Selection by leading analyst firm Gartner, Inc. as a “Cool Vendor in SOA Governance”
- Recognition by SD Times as an SD Times 100 award winner in the middleware category
- Selection by CRN for the 2008 CRN Emerging Tech list
- MuleCon, the second annual conference for the Mule community, which brought together hundreds of Mule community members together from around the globe
MuleSource is the leading provider of open source service oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure software. Founded by the creators of the Mule project, the world's most reliable and widely used open source enterprise service bus (ESB) and integration platform, MuleSource delivers enterprise class software, support and services to the thousands of organizations that have downloaded the open source project worldwide. Founded in 2006 and backed by investors Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Morgenthaler Ventures, MuleSource is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.mulesource.com.
Contact for MuleSource
Ray George, Page One PR