SAN FRANCISCO – Oct. 7, 2010 – MuleSoft, the provider of web middleware built on leading open source projects Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, today announced the availability of Tcat Server 6 R4, a major upgrade of its enterprise-class web application server based on Apache Tomcat. This version adds new capabilities that enable predictive performance management of Tomcat applications with the introduction of real-time administrative dashboards and intelligent alerting and monitoring features, raising the level of enterprise visibility and greatly reducing application downtime. In addition, Tcat Server adds enhanced security features that enable administrators to control permissions and limit or extend the degree of access and visibility for users based on role.
“This new release represents a major upgrade to Tcat Server, helping development and operations teams to work collaboratively and enabling them to predictively manage application availability and performance, as opposed to reacting to issues after the fact."
- Sateesh Narahari, director of product management for Tcat Server
Tcat Server is the leading enterprise Apache Tomcat application server with critical features for production deployment, allowing administrators to manage Tomcat seamlessly on-premise and in the cloud. Tcat Server addresses key gaps in “plain vanilla” Apache Tomcat, with capabilities such as performance monitoring and diagnostics, application deployment, and server and configuration management. Based 100% on the Apache Tomcat binaries, with zero changes to the core code, Tcat Server allows IT teams to migrate from legacy platforms such as Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere to the lightweight and open source Tomcat.
“Some of the world’s largest organizations are now using Tcat Server in the most demanding applications. This version of Tcat Server was designed to solve some of their common pains with managing Apache Tomcat – specifically, improving the communication between development and operations, and reducing the stability and performance risks often associated with rapid change.”
New features available in Tcat Server 6 R4 include:
- Intelligent alerts– user-configurable alerts, based on the monitoring of web app performance statistics and log files, enabling the proactive management of potential risks; alerts can be delivered via email, mobile devices or SNMP traps
- Configurable dashboards– customizable screens that give administrators global and server-level views of server health and system metrics, deployment status of applications, and raised alerts.
- JMX metrics – complete access and visibility into Tomcat JMX metrics via Tcat Server’s alerts and dashboards
- Fine-grained security permissions – access control capabilities that allow administrators to segment users into role-based groups and control their access to server information and ability to take various actions.
Availability and pricing
Tcat Server 6 R4 is immediately available, and is free to use in development and pre-production environments. Production subscriptions start at $595 per CPU per year. For more information or to download, please visit www.mulesoft.com/tcat.
MuleSoft is Hiring
MuleSoft is hiring aggressively in all areas. For more information, visit http://www.mulesoft.com/careers.
MuleSoft is the Web Middleware Company, providing enterprise-class software built on the world's most popular open source application infrastructure products, Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat. With Mule ESB and Tcat Server, MuleSoft brings an ideal combination of simplicity and power to today’s web applications. Its products boast more than 1.5 million downloads and over 2,500 production deployments by leading organizations such as Walmart.com, Nokia, Nestlé, Honeywell and DHL, as well as 85 in the Global 500 and 5 of the world’s top 10 banks. MuleSoft is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
Follow us on Twitter: Mulejockey