"We are seeing a fundamental shift in application development, from monolithic enterprise applications toward distributed, web and cloud-based services," said Brad Shimmin, Principle Analyst of Current Analysis. "As a result, developers and enterprise architects are increasingly migrating from heavy proprietary infrastructure software to more lightweight and often open source approaches; the recent economic downturn has only accelerated that trend."
MuleSoft achieved a number of record milestones and success in several areas including:
Outstanding Growth Year over Year
- MuleSoft achieved record bookings every quarter in 2009, with more than 152% growth in recurring subscription revenues over 2008.
- New customer contracts in 2009 grew the company’s customer base by 98% over the prior year, including one of the world’s largest airlines, two of the top three US aerospace and defense companies, and other industry leaders such as British Sky Broadcasting, Volvofinans Bank, European Parliament, Graebel Companies and Entertainment Partners.
- MuleSoft’s industry-leading customer satisfaction rates led to an 89% subscription renewal rate for 2009, including renewed contracts with two of the top three US banks, a major US wireless carrier, as well as Walmart.com, Honeywell, and DHL.
Tremendous Growth in Product Footprint
In 2009, MuleSoft continued to drive major advances in its core Mule ESB Enterprise suite, and quadrupled its overall product footprint with several product releases:
- Tcat Server – a fully-supported web application server, based on Apache Tomcat, featuring enterprise-class features including server and Tomcat configuration management, monitoring and diagnostics, and application provisioning
- iBeans (short for integration beans) – an open source integration technology for web applications that dramatically simplifies integration with data sources and services
- Mule Data Integrator – an end-to-end solution for complex data integration and transformation, simplifying the development, maintenance and deployment of data maps
- Major advances in Mule ESB Enterprise, including the release of Mule ESB 2.2, a new high availability module, and the Eclipse-based Mule IDE
Executive Team Strengthened with Open Source Veteran
MuleSoft brought on Greg Schott as the new CEO at the beginning of 2009 to lead the company in its next stage of rapid growth. Schott brings more than 20 years of technology management experience to MuleSoft, most recently serving as senior vice president of marketing of open source Java infrastructure software provider SpringSource.
Industry Accolades Reinforce Leadership Position
- MuleSoft Founder and CTO, Ross Mason, was included among InfoWorld’s Top 25 CTO’s for 2009, an honor recognizing senior IT executives who have demonstrated leadership within their companies and in the IT community.
- MuleSoft was honored with CRN’s Emerging Technology Vendor award, which captures companies that are delivering high margins for solution providers with innovative and easy-to-use technology that undercuts industry giants.
“As predicted, open source business models and lightweight technology alternatives thrived through the recent economic meltdown,” said Greg Schott, CEO of MuleSoft. “Our remarkable record of achievement in the past year, despite a challenging economy, clearly demonstrates both the value of MuleSoft’s products as well as our outstanding ability to execute. The application infrastructure market is rapidly changing, and MuleSoft is leading that change.”
MuleSoft is Hiring
MuleSoft is hiring aggressively in all departments. For more information, visit http://www.mulesoft.com/careers.
MuleSoft is the Web Middleware Company, providing enterprise-class software, support and services for the world's most popular open source application infrastructure products, Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat. With Mule ESB, Tcat Server and iBeans, MuleSoft brings an ideal combination of simplicity and power to today’s web applications. Its products boast more than 1.5 million downloads and over 2,000 production deployments by leading organizations such as Walmart.com, Nestlé, Honeywell and DHL, as well as 5 of the world’s top 10 banks. MuleSoft is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
Follow us on Twitter: Mulejockey
Contact for MuleSoft PR