SAN FRANCISCO, CA – December 11, 2012 – MuleSoft, provider of the world’s most widely used integration platform, today launched APIhub™, the most comprehensive public repository and richest community for APIs. APIhub allows developers and enterprises to discover and use over 13,000 APIs and enables application developers and SaaS providers to publish and document APIs on an open, collaborative platform. Building on MuleSoft’s leadership in the integration market, with this announcement the company takes an important step towards realizing its vision of connecting the New Enterprise.
A Vision for Connecting the New Enterprise
The mega-trends of SaaS, mobile and Big Data are converging, generating a new wave of business opportunity for enterprises. Underpinning this movement is the rise of APIs, which leverage Web standards to create a common language for the New Enterprise. The convergence demands a new kind of platform – one that connects and takes advantage of the explosion of endpoints and data caused by organizations each choosing a uniquely diverse set of best-of-breed applications to power their business.
Today, MuleSoft is already solving the connectivity problem, helping organizations to drive value by connecting and automating business processes across applications, APIs and data sources, all powered by MuleSoft's trusted integration platform. At the core is MuleSoft’s Anypoint™ technology, which provides instant API connectivity to hundreds of on-premise and cloud-based applications and systems.
With the launch of APIhub, MuleSoft announces the first pillar of its vision to create a new set of services that will form the first end-to-end platform for powering the New Enterprise. In the age of API computing, the New Enterprise needs a platform for both publishing and discovering internal and external services and APIs, as well as for connecting, securing and managing those services and APIs.
MuleSoft is creating the only comprehensive set of products that solves all of the pains around publishing, consuming and connecting applications, data services and APIs:
- APIhub– the world’s most comprehensive directory and community for APIs, providing developers with the easiest way to discover, evaluate and consume any API, while also giving API providers the best way to publish, market and monetize their APIs
- Service registry repository– the world’s first cloud-based service registry and the easiest way for the New Enterprise to govern and manage all of their internal services and APIs, both on-premise and in the cloud
- API management– a new way for enterprises to think about API management, enabling the New Enterprise to govern and manage its APIs
Today, competitive advantage is no longer found in customizing a few monolithic enterprise applications, but rather in integrating the best combination of applications for your business at any given time. The next wave of innovation relies on how easily these applications connect to each other, and APIs are powering that connectivity as the common language of the Web. With the announcement of APIhub, MuleSoft further cements its position as the platform for connecting the New Enterprise, bringing together API consumers and publishers in a global community.
APIhub – Setting the Standard for the Consumption and Publishing of APIs
APIhub is the world’s most comprehensive library of APIs – a platform to publish, document, discover and use APIs. By bringing together the most complete and exhaustive set of API providers, and largest and most dynamic community of developers, APIhub is poised to become the world’s leading destination for API publishing and consumption.
"As REST APIs have become the core building block of application development, developers should be moving towards an API-first approach to software architecture," said Tony Tam, CEO and technical co-founder of Wordnik and committer on the Swagger API open source project. "Creating an information hub where the development community can focus on APIs is the next big step in this direction."
For developers who are looking to consume APIs, APIhub offers:
- The most complete catalog of APIs, whether open or closed
- An extensive ontology to easily browse APIs by category, as well as a rich search capability
- Interactive documentation and testing capabilities; for example, allowing developers to pass parameters to the API using the Web-based console, with real-time visibility into the results
- Rich community content, including discussion forums, tips and tricks, ratings, code samples and client libraries
- Capabilities to follow APIs and be notified about version updates and changes that impact applications
For API providers, APIhub offers:
- A platform for driving discovery and adoption of APIs, including features for publishing the descriptive profile, detailed specifications and technical documentation
- Simple import and transformation from various API specification formats to the standardized APIhub format for easy consumption
- Platform capabilities for simple creation of interactive documentation
- Infrastructure for driving community engagement, including user ratings, comments and code samples
"Open APIs have become more important than ever as enterprises break away from legacy applications and move to the cloud. Our open API is a critical element of our business strategy," said Chris Yeh, vice president of Platform at Box. "MuleSoft's APIhub is a great step towards providing a focal point where developers can easily find and consume APIs, and where open platforms like Box can drive interest and adoption of our service, ultimately better serving our users through the power of community."
APIhub is a free online resource for developers, SaaS vendors and enterprises. To join the community, visit: www.apihub.com.
MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform for connecting SaaS and enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise. With the rise of cloud and mobile, enterprises face a choice: get overwhelmed by the resulting explosion of end points or seize the opportunity to gain competitive advantage. Founded on the idea that connecting applications should not be hard, MuleSoft lets organizations harness the power of their applications through integration. MuleSoft’s Anypoint™ technology eliminates costly, time-intensive point-to-point integration, enabling business agility. Delivered as a packaged integration experience, CloudHub™ (formerly Mule iON) and Mule ESB™ are built on proven open source technology for the fastest, most reliable integration without vendor lock-in. Supporting billions of transactions per day, MuleSoft is used in production by thousands of enterprises, including Walmart, MasterCard, Nokia, Nestlé and Honeywell, and powers integrations with leading SaaS vendors such as Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday, Intuit and Zuora.
For more information: www.MuleSoft.com
Follow us on Twitter: @MuleSoft