– May 20, 2011
– Market surveys consistently show integration to be the number one challenge organizations face in SaaS and Cloud adoption. According to a recent report from Gartner, an entirely new sector will emerge to address this issue, defined as integration platform as a service (iPaaS). By 2016, Gartner has predicted that at least 35% of all large and midsize organizations worldwide will be using one or more iPaaS offerings in some form. Mule iON is the first iPaaS to address this challenge by providing an easy way to integrate SaaS applications in the cloud with on-premise systems. Using a graphical design environment, users can build integration applications, leveraging off-the-shelf cloud connectors, and deploy them with one click to Mule iON.
“MuleSoft has led the enterprise integration market with the world’s most popular ESB, and now we are leading the way in cloud integration with the first true integration platform."
- Greg Schott, CEO of MuleSoft
“Unlike current offerings in the market that merely facilitate point-to-point integrations to SaaS systems, Mule iON provides a platform for scalable integration across the enterprise and the cloud.”
The Mule iON platform provides the easiest way for SaaS vendors to on-board their customers, by enabling vendors and system integrators to quickly build and offer domain-specific integration applications. As an example, PeopleMatter– a comprehensive, SaaS-based talent management provider for the service industry – needed a way to quickly integrate its customer’s existing point solutions seamlessly in the PeopleMatter platform. These disparate systems include HRIS, point of sale, time cards and payroll, which are often a mix of on-premise and third-party SaaS applications. Mule iON provides an integration platform that allows employee hiring information, work schedules and performance details to be shared across disconnected applications. The result drives increased productivity and revenue for PeopleMatter’s food service, hospitality, retail and C-store customers.
"With the phenomenal growth we’ve been experiencing at PeopleMatter, one our biggest challenges in onboarding of customers is the integration of our service with our customers' existing systems," said Ken Haigh, COO of PeopleMatter. "Mule iON helps make it simple to deliver this integration, allowing our customers to focus on delivering the best service to their end-customers rather than managing IT."
Mule iON enables a host of integration use cases, including:
- SaaS to On-Premise Systems – integrate data from SaaS applications(e.g., Salesforce.com) with on premise systems, including databases, file systems or via FTP, lowering the barriers to adoption for SaaS and cloud .
- Cloud to Cloud Data Synchronization – synchronize data between popular SaaS vendors, breaking down data silos in the cloud.
- On-Premise Event Streaming to SaaS Application – update events originating from on-premise applications to SaaS or social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Yammer, Chatter).
- Exposure of On-Premise Data through SaaS Portals – expose enterprise data via a REST API to consuming applications, unlocking valuable business data from systems for external use.
Sign up for a free beta trial at MuleSoft.com.
MuleSoft is the Web Middleware Company, providing enterprise-class software built on the world's most popular open source application infrastructure products, Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat. With Mule ESB and Tcat Server, MuleSoft brings an ideal combination of simplicity and power to today’s web applications. Its products boast more than 1.5 million downloads and over 2,500 production deployments by leading organizations such as Walmart.com, Nokia, Nestlé, Honeywell and DHL, as well as 85 in the Global 500 and 5 of the world’s top 10 banks. MuleSoft is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
Follow us on Twitter: @MuleSoft