SAN FRANCISCO– Feb. 1, 2011 - MuleSoft, the provider of web middleware built on leading open source projects Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, today announced another banner year that resulted in revenue growth of 81% over 2009. MuleSoft continued bringing blue-chip customers onto its roster, including Citrix, Nokia, Forbes Media, Equifax and Cantor Fitzgerald. The company also continued investing heavily in the open source Mule and Apache Tomcat projects, releasing a major generational upgrade of the Mule project, growing the Mule community by over 140% for the year, and contributing an improved Tomcat package for the Debian and Ubuntu distributions of Linux.
Financial highlights, customer wins, partnerships
- MuleSoft grew total revenue by 81% over 2009 – subscription revenues have seen compound annual growth rates of more than 100% over the past two years.
- MuleSoft maintained industry-leading customer renewal rates, driven by over 96% customer satisfaction.
- Market-leading companies from a wide variety of industries became MuleSoft customers in 2010, including names such as Nokia, Citrix, Cantor Fitzgerald, Forbes, State of Alaska and Swiss Financial Services AG, as well as a top-five European telecommunications carrier.
- MuleSoft continued to develop its partner ecosystem, signing 20 new OEM, ISV, system integrator and reseller partners in 2010.
- The company raised $12 Million in series C venture funding, led by SAP Ventures, to fuel its continued rapid growth.
Major product releases
2010 included a number of significant product releases, including major upgrades for its flagship products Mule ESB and Tcat Server:
- Mule 3 - a major advance of the world’s most widely used open source enterprise service bus. Mule 3 represents the next generation of integration infrastructure software, with Mule Cloud Connect, a set of new capabilities that enable developers to integrate enterprise data and applications seamlessly with today’s SaaS and cloud-based web applications, as well as a new Flow configuration that enables lightweight orchestration of services across the enterprise.
- Tcat Server 6 R4 – representing significant improvements for its enterprise-class web application server based on 100% Apache Tomcat. This release enables predictive performance management of Tomcat applications with the introduction of real-time administrative dashboards and intelligent alerting and monitoring features. In addition, Tcat Server 6 R4 adds enhanced security features that enable administrators to control permissions and limit or extend the degree of access and visibility for users based on role.
- Mule MQ - a high performance, highly scalable, low-latency JMS messaging system, fully integrated, tested and supported with Mule ESB.
Continued Open Source Investment and Growth
- In the past year, visitors to the www.mulesoft.org community site have grown by over 140%, and monthly downloads of the Mule project have tripled since early 2010.
- The MuleForge developer hub continues to play host to active community-driven innovation, having grown 50% this year, including new connectors for MongoDB, Bonita, and Apache Qpid, as well as Cloud Connectors for Salesforce.com, Amazon EC2, S3, Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- The MuleSoft team significantly improved the Apache Tomcat packaging for the Debian and Ubuntu Linux distributions, contributing those improvements for the benefit of the Tomcat and Debian/Ubuntu communities
“MuleSoft’s record achievements in 2010 continue to reflect a market that favors openness and lightweight flexibility over the heavyweight complexity of legacy proprietary approaches,” said MuleSoft CEO Greg Schott. “We are laser-focused on building world-class products and leading the market in customer satisfaction, and we ‘nailed it’ on both fronts in 2010. Our continued momentum and growth allows us to invest heavily in creating the next generation of application infrastructure – 2011 will bring exciting innovation and news from us.”
MuleSoft is Hiring
MuleSoft is looking for great people in all areas. For more information, visit http://www.mulesoft.com/careers.
MuleSoft is the Web Middleware Company, providing enterprise-class software based on the world's most popular open source application infrastructure products, Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat. With Mule ESB and Tcat Server, MuleSoft brings an ideal combination of simplicity and power to today’s web applications. Its products boast more than 1.5 million downloads and over 2,000 production deployments by leading organizations such as Walmart.com, Nokia, Nestlé, Honeywell and DHL, as well as 85 in the Global 500 and 5 of the world’s top 10 banks. MuleSoft is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
Follow us on Twitter: @MuleSoft