SAN FRANCISCO– August 10, 2010 - MuleSoft, the Web Middleware Company, today announced another quarter of record financial results in Q2 2010, growing year-to-date bookings by 85% over the same period in 2009. MuleSoft added numerous new customers, including BskyB, Cantor Fitzgerald, Equifax and Washington State, as well as the largest customer booking on record with one of the world’s 10 largest banks. The company has also achieved its 10th consecutive record bookings quarter. These results, along with a healthy growth in product footprint, are continued testaments to the company's strength in the market and serve as added validation for its Web Middleware vision.
“Quarter after quarter, we are seeing record-breaking enterprise deals with the world’s largest and most successful companies, indicating that lightweight open source options are rapidly moving from the realm of leading-edge adopters squarely into the mainstream."
- Greg Schott, MuleSoft CEO and president
“We believe that MuleSoft is offering the right products at the right time, and our challenge is to continue building our team with the right talent to capitalize on this huge opportunity.”
Financial highlights and customer wins
- MuleSoft achieved its largest bookings quarter in the company’s history.
- In addition to year-to-date bookings growth of 85% over last year, subscription renewal rates held at an industry-leading 87%, reflecting MuleSoft's continued commitment to customer satisfaction.
- The quarter was driven by dozens of new customer transactions, including names such as Equifax, BskyB and Cantor Fitzgerald along with new partnerships forged with Canonical, Axial Partners, Kattare, and Chariot Solutions.
- Downloads of Tcat Server, MuleSoft's enterprise-class web application server based on Apache Tomcat, nearly doubled in Q2 over the previous quarter.
New additions to product offering
Q2 included four product releases, greatly enhancing some of MuleSoft’s current product offerings, as well as introducing management tools that complement existing products:
- Tcat Server 6 R3– a new version of Tcat Server that includes support for the newly released Apache Tomcat 7 beta, integration with Windows services, import and export of third party server profiles, simplified diagnostics data, faster and easier deployment of Tomcat applications, and a streamlined user interaction.
- RESTx - a new open-source project that provides developers with the simplest way to create RESTful web services, emphasizing simplicity, sane defaults and out-of-the-box usability.
- Mule ESB Management Console - the first and only enterprise-class console for managing open source ESB infrastructure, with capabilities for performance diagnostics and tuning, fine-grained control, service-flow debugging, and intelligent alerting against service-level agreements (SLAs)
- TomcatStats for iPhone - a free iPhone app that allows system administrators to monitor and manage multiple Apache Tomcat instances on premise and in the cloud directly from their mobile device, retrieving critical information including memory usage, web traffic statistics and server status.
Recognized as industry leader
MuleSoft continued to score accolades in the form of industry awards, further distinguishing the company from others on the market, including:
- SD Times 100 - recognized as one of “the best of the best” in SOA and middleware.
- TiE50 award - selected from nearly 4,000 nominees as one of today's most enterprising companies in the software sector.
- CRN Emerging Technology Vendor - selected by Everything Channel as a CRN Emerging Technology Vendor, which recognizes companies that are delivering high margins for solution providers with innovative and easy-to-use technology.
MuleSoft is Hiring
MuleSoft is hiring aggressively in all areas. For more information, visit http://www.mulesoft.com/careers.
MuleSoft is the Web Middleware Company, providing enterprise-class software based on the world's most popular open source application infrastructure products, Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat. With Mule ESB and Tcat Server, MuleSoft brings an ideal combination of simplicity and power to today’s web applications. Its products boast more than 1.5 million downloads and over 2,000 production deployments by leading organizations such as Walmart.com, Nokia, Nestlé, Honeywell and DHL, as well as 85 in the Global 500 and 5 of the world’s top 10 banks. MuleSoft is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide.
Follow us on Twitter: Mulejockey
Contact for MuleSoft PR