Front end web developer (full-time contractor)
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and passionate front end Drupal web developer to work with us on our flagship site https://www.mulesoft.com. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and help on a wide variety of web projects. We will need you to be a seasoned Drupal 9 developer; have several years of experience building custom themes, content types and modules. You should be comfortable updating Drupal core as well as troubleshooting configurations and templates. You should have the ability to write perfect XHTML, PHP, CSS, and vanilla JS. We need a developer who will know how to apply best practices in releasing code with multiple branches and projects running simultaneously. This role will also oversee bug fixing, page speed performance and help us grow our organic traffic and conversions.
Projects will include technologies outside of Drupal such as Wordpress, Jekyll and the creation of online documentation and presentations. You should have a proven track record of performance on large, enterprise scale projects and a deep understanding of Drupal 8/9 development.
This role will work with an in-house team of web professionals within a large, integrated Marketing department at MuleSoft, which is a business unit within Salesforce. Our office is located in San Francisco and Buenos Aires; we will be working remotely until the end of the year. This role will work closely with a team of internal marketers, writers, designers, analytics and SEO staff on cross collaborative projects.
We are looking for a team player who can focus and prioritize their work based on the organization and business needs.They must be proficient in English and Spanish both written and verbal.
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years of Drupal 8 development experience
- Expert at building custom themes in Drupal 8
- Expert at building custom content types
- Expertise in Drush
- Expert in PHP programming
- Experience using Drupal paragraphs and or bricks
- Experience using Composer
- Experience in updating Drupal core and modules
- Able to hand code W3C validated XHTML and CSS
- Expert in how to build responsive CSS based on 12 column grid
- Expertise in using compiled CSS such as SAAS
- Expertise in using CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- 3+ years experience as a JS developer
- Experience optimizing images for web
- Understanding of SEO optimization best practices
- Understanding of page speed performance optimizations
- High fluency in English both written and spoken is required
Plus skills and experience
- Experience on either Pantheon or Acquia hosting platforms
- Experience in Wordpress
- Experience in Jekyll and Github pages
- Experience in configuring CDNs (Akamai, Cloudfront, Fastly or Cloudflare)
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira, Wrike or Asana
- Experience in QA and cross browser testing
- Experience in localization
Send resume and list of URLs of sites that you have worked on to Regina Loustau at email@example.com.