About the Position:
- Partner with Software Engineers from your team to implement coding best practices, improve codebase maintainability and reliability, decrease technical debt and enable self sustained quality in product’s lifecycle.
- Collaborate in the construction, improvement and scaling of our state-of-the-art test automation framework leveraging the latest technologies and tools.
- Research, evaluate and implement new tools to measure and or improve quality aspects of the product. For example: static code analyzers, sast / dast tools, profilers, test data generators, etc.
- Design and implement automated test scripts from unit to system levels, integrating them with our frameworks (ALM/Issue Trackers, CI, CD), including smoke, sanity and regression test suites.
- Trigger, monitor and control the execution of automated test suites, identifying issues and potential gaps, while building reliable and efficient test suites to enable Continuous Delivery.
- Liaise with developers, testers, devops and managers on technical issues, impact and risk analysis to determine the right approach for testing.
- Drive the integrity and quality of technical work on every release or project
What you'll achieve:
- Develop understanding of our current testing infrastructure and automation frameworks
- Grasp functional, architectural and quality aspects of our product.
- Participate in team meetings like dailies, groom, planning and retrospectives.
- Define and start implementing a thorough test automation strategy at all levels of the application including system integration with other products.
- Fully participate in architecture decisions and technology evaluations to cover every dimension of the quality aspects of the product, from code maintainability to security.
- Participate in the integration of our testware within the CI/CD framework
- Identify areas of improvement in either processes, tools or best practices to ensure the quality of the product while we scale. Drive changes to make this happen.
- Conduct internal training to evangelize best practices and continuous improvement.
What you'll need to be successful:
- A smart engineer who can get things done
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline or with equivalent work experience
- Mastery of industry open source, standard commercial or custom developed automation technologies and unit test frameworks
- Experience in architecting, designing and developing test automation frameworks from scratch is highly desirable
- Great software development skills, computer science fundamentals and elegance in your work
- Prior experience with Agile development methodologies, and with continuous integration/automated build/deployments preferred
- Innovative & creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Quality mindset with exceptional attention to detail
- Be able to pick up new technologies with ease
- Required to collaborate with other team members to build all levels (unit, integration and system) of test automation for complex products
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll receive health insurance for you and your family, equity, competitive salary with twice yearly market salary revisions, annual performance bonus, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like a fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, volunteer opportunities, twice-yearly hackathons, office celebrations, and MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in San Diego, California. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!