About the Position:
MuleSoft is looking for a Sr. Security DevOps Engineer that will work side-by-side with Cloud Operations to ensure the trusted operation of the MuleSoft Cloud Environment. The right candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing security solutions in concert with Operations, Product and Engineering. An ideal candidate is a creative self-starter that can work autonomously to develop creative solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all MuleSoft environments. The perfect candidate will design, develop, and implement secure automation practices in a unified secure framework to support cloud infrastructure at scale. With a background as an operations expert, and the hands-on ability to demonstrate how security can be an enabler in infrastructure functionality, scalability, performance and reliability.
This person should have a burning desire to secure infrastructure and applications at scale. They should have the ability to seamlessly interweave compliance controls and security frameworks into the fabric of our Infrastructure. Furthermore, a keen understanding of agile software delivery methods, and the ability to invisibly “build-in” the security measures required to support a continuous delivery model.
- Automate everything, to minimize manual work, and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem.
- Partner with DevOps and Engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration and delivery processes….baking security into the infrastructure.
- Align with DevOps and Engineering to build sustainable security processes across a global multi-cloud production network.
- Work with Development and Operations teams to ensure proper key management and encryption are used according to security best practices.
- Provide best practices for securing systems hosted in public clouds, especially AWS.
- Support compliance programs, including SSAE 16, PCI-DSS, FEDRAMP HIPAA, and ISO.
- Identify, build and maintain a broad range of solutions to protect MuleSoft’s cloud services and enterprise networks, supporting: threat management, identity, and access management.
- Expert in automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible...etc.).
- Help architect, build and deploy secure infrastructure and security solutions in support of Cloud Operations – including standards for hosts, firewalls, load balancers and all parts of the infrastructure.
- You should love the challenge of making systems and processes both secure and easy to use.
- Have a track record for embedding security into the fabric of an organization and infrastructure.
- A strategic thinker who can translate vision into tactical execution.
- Strong decision making and project management skills.
- Innate ability to effectively prioritize work in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Experience with operational monitoring tools.
- High personal credibility and integrity; and natural ability to influence and persuade others through collaboration.
- Demonstrated expertise with security, audit, and protection tools.
- Exemplary track record in developing security standards for cloud & virtual infrastructure, host, network and other devices.
- Amazing ability to create scalable security solutions in a fast-paced production environment.
- Track record of leading other technical teams to create solutions greater than the sum of its parts
- A proactive nature to make data-driven decisions and manage complex initiatives from conception to deployment.
- Anticipate threats and address security incidents across any and all MuleSoft environments.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration