Do you want to work with great people at an explosive growth company? We're looking for an Indirect Tax Manager to work closely with other departments to resolve tax issues and drive the business objectives forward.
In this role, you will report to the Director, Tax and Treasury and be responsible for managing the Indirect Tax Function, including the review and filing of all sales and use, GST/VAT, and property tax returns and their defense on audit. You will maintain SOX processes for the indirect tax compliance and reporting function, as well as support SOX documentation and testing of the process. You will also proactively monitor and provide support with research related to ongoing indirect tax issues and law changes to ensure that appropriate planning, compliance, and reporting actions are undertaken.
Goals for your first three months:
- Gain familiarity with month-end close responsibilities related to tax accounts
- Understand our tax structure and organization chart
- Meet with your team, outside service providers and other departments to understand their needs and concerns around indirect taxes
- Manage and assist on all US and global tax filings, including sales and use, VAT, GST, property, etc.
- Master our internal process with little supervision and become the subject matter expert for queries and concerns, reporting your analysis to senior leadership as necessary
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual sales and use tax filings, GST/VAT and other domestic and international tax filings
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Support the preparation of the company’s global income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures related to indirect tax functions, reserves and reconciliations
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6 to 8 years hands-on tax experience in public accounting or industry (ideally a mix of both)
- Expertise in Indirect Tax including GST/VAT, multi-state Sales & Use Tax, and Property Tax planning, reporting, and filings
- Technical knowledge, especially around indirect taxes - You’re experienced at working through indirect tax issues, researching them and seeing them all the way through - You really “own it!"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to be hands on and to adapt in a growing environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
About our Benefits:
- Equity and generous Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Unlimited vacation
- Gym discounts and weekly onsite yoga classes
- Catered lunches three times a week and a fully stocked kitchen
- Annual MeetUp, our company-wide offsite to learn, grow, and connect
- Frequent office activities and offsites, like Muleys at the Ballpark, Waffle Wednesdays, and family nights
- Regular opportunities to give back to the community together
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)