About the Position:
The Director, Solutions Consulting will partner with the sales, professional services and customer success leadership in the West Region to build a high-growth regional business. The ideal candidate will have experience building and developing high performing pre-sales teams as well as broad experience in account strategy and coaching and a desire to plan and execute impactful regional development events. There will also be responsibilities to support a rapidly growing partner business across the region. The successful candidate is a natural leader who loves to build high-growth enterprise software business, driving strategic customer outcomes through both their own experience and, more importantly, through the efforts of their highly talented team.
If you are the type of individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are developing and executing account strategies, building, leading and mentoring a high-performance team and collaborating cross functionally with every area of the organization, both across the West Coast and US, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
Reporting directly to the Head of Solutions Consulting, North America, this person will be a key member of the regional leadership team for MuleSoft and involves the “total ownership” of all pre-sales aspects of the business for the region. If you are a world class entrepreneurial leader, then this is a game changing ground floor opportunity.
- Quickly on board and continue to build a world class regional team through diligent recruiting activities, hiring, developing and leading a complete team of Solution Consultants and Client Architects
- Lead the pre-sales team and the pre-sales function, including personally driving strategic enterprise account engagement combined with local market leadership. Account activities will include opportunity coaching, account strategies with an emphasis in helping our customers achieve their intended business outcomes
- Team with regional and national channel and partners leadership to plan and execute an effective channel and partners strategy
- Team with other regional leaders to develop an impactful set of regional development activities including but not limited to workshops, webinars, hackathons, etc.
- Work with the Solutions Consulting Director, North America to develop and execute the regional business plan ensuring that the region achieves and exceeds its fiscal year business objectives
- Work with the Solutions Consulting Director, North America and the local regional leadership team on planning for the next fiscal year
- Experience as an individual pre-sales consultant / architect within the enterprise infrastructure software industry and a minimum of 3 years pre-sales management experience
- Strong analytic thinker with demonstrated command of outcome based sales models
- Effective in customer facing/live engagements
- Effective at building senior and executive relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Proven record of strategizing large, complex sales through fast sales cycles
- Strong career trajectory, history of top performance in successive roles
- Compelling leader who can effectively coach individually and drive team motivation
- Track record in building organizations and hiring and training top talent
- Superior cognitive skills
- Strong academic record
- Experience building and/or leveraging indirect/channel sales model
- Experience in successfully contributing to the growth of a hyper-growth company or start up is desirable, but not required
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration