Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth powerhouse while building your career?
Acquiring new customers is the growth engine at MuleSoft. We are looking for strategic, sales-focused and results-driven people to work on our most important accounts during the sales cycle to:
- Identify potential business outcomes that a company could realize using MuleSoft
- Determine the value at stake and what it could be worth to that company
- Recommend what the company would need to do to make it happen (with a technical focus)
As a Business Outcomes Consultant, you will be paired with a Business Outcomes Technical Consultant to help drive new customer acquisition through delivery of Business Outcomes Engagements, which consist of 2-4 week engagements in which you and your colleague will identify the customer’s current pain points, determine how MuleSoft can solve those pain points, and deliver a compelling case to senior executives that demonstrates how MuleSoft can enable them to drive to true business outcomes.
This highly visible role will enable a person to be a part of the selling account team on the most important accounts at MuleSoft, build expertise in consultative selling, and engage senior executives on their most pressing issues. In addition, this role will be on the ground floor in helping to build a new critical function/capability at MuleSoft.
About the Position:
- Own the full Business Outcomes Engagement (paired with the Business Outcomes Technical Consultant) at each priority prospect including: scoping the approach, conducting the executive and team interviews, running workshops, and presenting the recommendations to the company executives
- Own a benchmark database to house both recommended and realized outcomes, and work with customer success managers to gather realized outcomes to use as a basis for the recommendations
- Develop standard approaches to these engagements including process, interview guides, tools, and presentation templates
- Be the expert and mentor to account teams; for accounts that require this work to be done by the account team (Account Executive and Solutions Consultant), provide training and expertise to help them be self-sufficient with a lighter weight version of these engagements
What you’ll achieve::
- Learn and be familiar with MuleSoft solutions, positioning, competition, and product suite
- Internalize MuleSoft customer business outcomes success stories and the existing best practices for conducting these business outcomes engagements
- Begin executing business outcomes engagements
- Be fully ramped, executing business outcomes engagements and providing support and expertise to account teams you are not directly working with
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 10+ years of experience with 3-4 years at a consulting firm post-business school (strategy and/or IT consulting preferred)
- Self-starter with a proven track record of achievement
- Ability to understand customer pain points, how to build recommendations/actions to solve those pain points, and how to measure the impact
- Excited about immersing yourself in a customer’s business and connecting the dots to how MuleSoft can truly impact the business
- Eager to contribute beyond your role and help to build this function from the ground up
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written skills, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of both engaging and challenging senior executives with a strong point of view
- Passionate about technology: a natural, credible evangelist who is experienced in translating that passion into business impact for customers
- Previous experience with open source solutions or with an annual subscription sales model is a plus
- Willingness to travel in order to spend significant time on-site with strategic customers
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll receive comprehensive health benefits, life insurance, paid parental leave, 401K, equity, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like volunteer opportunities, MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in San Diego, and most offices have a fully stocked kitchen and regular catered lunches. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!