Do you believe that good is the enemy of great and strive to be the best version of yourself?
MuleSoft’s Account Development team is looking for highly-motivated, strategic players to join us in pushing the limits of outcome-based selling. As a MuleSoft Account Development Representative, you will lead our Sales organization to the highest quality, quantity, and velocity of strategic pipeline, engaging and inspiring prospects to transform their business through API enablement. Our Account Development Representatives fuel the revenue engine for MuleSoft, creating new opportunities through collaborative account planning with a best-in-class software sales team and engagement with C-Level and Executive stakeholders in Fortune 100 companies.
Working on the Account Development team at MuleSoft provides ample opportunity to explore various roles outside of the team, including outside sales, Customer Success, Services, and Technical Pre-Sales. With a historical promotion rate of 61% outside of the core Account Development role, this is your chance to launch your career in enterprise software sales.
What you’ll achieve:
- Attend week-long Kickstart enablement in San Francisco with broader Field Sales organization
- Master the MuleSoft messaging and comfortably present CIO narrative
- Plan for hitting activity/business plan metrics
- 4-week “Sales MBA” split across San Francisco and your base region: learn sales methodology/techniques to ensure success in the role
- Partner closely with senior Account Executives to build territory strategy and business plan
- Effectively own and operate your business by leveraging data and metrics, tooling, and best practices to sell into territory of accounts
- Consistently hit quota and have mastered the basic workflow
- Capable of owning a customer meeting and effectively selling into VP and C-Levels of multi-billion dollar revenue companies
- Build mastery in Challenger Selling and MuleSoft's Outcome Based Selling methodology
- Mentor and train others in the role
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong academic background and performance
- Quantitative track record of exceptional performance and a strong professional trajectory
- Experience with failure and track record of learning and engaging new ideas
- Sales-focused, strategic thinking with a bias towards action
- Independent work style – you own your own book of business
- Ownership – you take ownership of your results and often look for ways to improve; you see challenges as opportunities instead of obstacles
- You are a challenger – you love connecting the dots in business strategy and are comfortable bringing a provocative point of view to any internal or customer facing meeting. You are radically candid in your feedback and are constantly seeking feedback in return
- Opportunity to travel (not required)
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we’re proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.