MuleSoft Unifies Application and Data Integration with Next Generation Mule ESB Platform
Latest Version Provides Powerful Combination of Enterprise-Class Performance, Scalability and Developer Simplicity
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – June 26, 2012 – MuleSoft, provider of the world’s most widely used integration platform, today announced general availability of Mule ESB 3.3, bringing together MuleSoft’s leading application integration technology with powerful new data integration capabilities. With Mule ESB 3.3, developers can easily create process orchestration flows and perform data mapping, directly from the Mule Studio graphical design environment. This release also features other significant improvements to the Mule Studio development experience, as well as a new in-memory grid technology that enables unprecedented availability, scalability and performance for Mule ESB.
“With the new DataMapper and other improvements in Mule Studio, MuleSoft is making integration development easier than ever."
- Jeremy Peet, Technical Director, Open Answers
The Mule ESB 3.3 enterprise integration platform connects enterprise applications on-premise and to the cloud using MuleSoft’s Anypoint™ technology, which eliminates the need for custom point-to-point integration code. Mule Studio, an Eclipse-based graphical design tool for Mule ESB, enables developers to quickly design, test and run Mule integration flows.
“Major integration vendors are extending and unifying the features of application and data integration suites, blurring the lines between the categories,” said Jess Thompson, research vice president, Gartner. “Today's high performing enterprises need to have a strategic approach across integration disciplines, in order to have the agility, performance and scalability to outpace the competition."
Mule ESB 3.3 introduces Mule Studio DataMapper, a powerful and easy to use graphical data mapping capability, integrated in the Mule Studio drag-and-drop design environment, that enables developers to visually construct data transformations and embed them directly into their Mule integration flows. Mule Studio DataMapper supports the most popular data formats for SOA and application integration, including XML, JSON, CSV and POJOs, as well as native support for common application data standards like HL7, SAP, Salesforce, Netsuite and Excel. This update dramatically simplifies the development, testing and maintenance of any Mule application that requires any amount of data integration or transformation. Other improvements to Mule Studio include integration with leading development tools such as Maven, Git and Subversion, as well as one-click publishing to the Mule
Enterprise Application Repository, enabling seamless support of the end-to-end development lifecycle. In addition, new in-memory data grid technology in Mule ESB enables dramatic improvements in high availability, scalability and performance.
New Features of Mule ESB 3.3
Mule ESB 3.3 offers new capabilities and enhancements for developer ease of use and enterprise-class performance and scalability, including:
- Mule Studio DataMapper – Mule ESB 3.3 brings together leading application integration technology with powerful new data integration capabilities, all within the Mule Studio graphical design environment for Mule ESB.
- Access to expansive catalog of connectors – New extensibility in Mule Studio gives developers instant drag-and-drop access to MuleSoft’s catalog of more than 100 connectors from MuleForge, leveraging the power of MuleSoft’s thriving community of over 150,000 developers.
- Integration of Mule Studio with familiar development tools and processes – Mule Studio integrates with the leading best-of-breed development solutions, including Maven, Git and Subversion, along with the Mule Enterprise Application Repository and Deployment Manager, enabling seamless support of the end-to-end development lifecycle.
- In-memory data grid – Mule ESB 3.3 includes a new in-memory data grid platform, enabling high availability for zero-message-loss clustering, edge caching for dramatic performance gains, and infinite horizontal scale-out for high throughput requirements.
“After achieving a number of successful implementations, we believe that Mule ESB is the best choice for organizations looking for the best combination of lightweight simplicity with robust enterprise-class stability and performance,” said Jeremy Peet, Technical Director of Open Answers. “With the new DataMapper and other improvements in Mule Studio, MuleSoft is making integration development easier than ever.”
“Data mapping and transformation is becoming increasingly critical in many application integration use cases, particularly with accelerating adoption and integration of SaaS and cloud applications,” said Ross Mason, CTO and founder of MuleSoft. “With Mule ESB 3.3 and the enhancements to Mule Studio, MuleSoft is simultaneously enabling the future of integration while taking the Mule ESB runtime to the next level by supporting the most demanding mission-critical enterprise applications.”
For more on Mule ESB 3.3:
- Download a free copy: http://www.mulesoft.com/mule-esb-open-source-esb
- Register for the a webinar on best practices for migrating to Mule ESB 3.3: bit.ly/KPq2BP
MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform for connecting SaaS and enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise. With the rise of cloud and mobile, enterprises face a choice: get overwhelmed by the resulting explosion of end points or seize the opportunity to gain competitive advantage. Founded on the idea that connecting applications should not be hard, MuleSoft lets organizations harness the power of their applications through integration. MuleSoft’s Anypoint™ technology eliminates costly, time-intensive point-to-point integration, enabling business agility. Delivered as a packaged integration experience, Mule iON™ and Mule ESB™ are built on proven open source technology for the fastest, most reliable integration without vendor lock-in. Supporting billions of transactions per day, MuleSoft is used in production by thousands of enterprises, including Walmart, MasterCard, Nokia, Nestlé and Honeywell, and powers integrations with leading SaaS vendors such as Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday, Intuit and Zuora.