SFTP is a network protocol designed to provide secure file transfer and manipulation facilities over SSH. In cases where FTP is not an option because of security issues, then the SFTP transport can be used instead in order to send and receive files over an encrypted channel.
- The SFTP Transport allows files to be read and written to and from directories over SFTP
- Unlike the VFS Transport, it can handle large files because it streams message payloads
Common Use Cases
- Build a scheduled import/export application for any SaaS platform that has a Mule Cloud Connector
- Create a custom managed file transfer application for trading partners
- Backup log files from a production system